Why:

Dreams are powerful tools that can help guide anyone to success and happiness. They represent some cherished aspiration, an ultimate ideal of achievement.

The word sylvan refers most directly to a setting associated with the woods. Reflecting on the vigorous life that abounds in sylvan settings is a very powerful force in my life. For me, this word evokes feelings of transcendence, clarity, and unity.

A Sylvan Dream is a dynamic compilation of my life dream. It is an attempt to seek out and document the truth, beauty, and clarity that exists in this world.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lake Crescent, Washington - Teaching at Olympic Park Institute

Here are some photos from the past week to check out. I will be uploading more in the coming week, and I will try to write as I have time. I am currently on the Olympic Peninsula, teaching Forest Ecology and Natural History at the Olympic Park Institute.

The sound of the students' paddles pounding on the gunnels of the 20 person canoe boomed across the lake as the early morning sun shed warmth on the snow covered trees surrounding Lake Crescent. We stopped from time to time, and the kids looked around at the surrounding mountains, and down below into the shimmering emerald waters. Many of them remarked at Mt. Storm King, a mountain they had climbed the day before; a first for many of them, and something they all claimed to be very special to them.
---

---
Marymere falls tumbles some 180 feet, spraying mist on us as we approach and lean over the wet cedar railings. A swift breeze chills my face and neck as I pull out my camera to take a picture of these murmuring falls.
---

---
Kids ran around screaming as they threw muddy snowballs at each other after breakfast. Fat snowflakes fell on my cheeks and hair, casting dimples across my face and across the lake.
---